Hello Victor,

I have some questions about your script

Le 07/07/2017 à 23:40, Victor José Acosta Domínguez a écrit :
Hello everyone, i created a python tool to backup and restore oVirt's VMs.

Also i created a little "how to" on my blog:
http://blog.infratic.com/2017/07/create-ovirtrhevs-vm-backup/

 * Backup step is okay, and I get a usable qcow2 image of the snapshot
   vm in the backup vm. It seems to be compliant with the official
   backup API, except on the step 2.

1. /Take a snapshot of the virtual machine to be backed up - (existing
   oVirt REST API operation)/
2. /Back up the virtual machine configuration at the time of the
   snapshot (the disk configuration can be backed up as well if needed)
   - (added capability to oVirt as part of the Backup API)/

I can't see any vm configuration anywhere but only the qcow2 disk itself

1. /Attach the disk snapshots that were created in (1) to the virtual
   appliance for data backup - (added capability to oVirt as part of
   the Backup API)/
2. /
   /
3. /Detach the disk snapshots that were attached in (4) from the
   virtual appliance - (added capability to oVirt as part of the Backup
   API)/

An other case is when the vm to backup has more than one disk. After I tested it, I found that only one qcow2 disk is saved on the backup vm. This is really a matter when the original vm has many disks part of lvm, it makes the vm restoration unusable.

 * About vm restoration, it seems that you are using the upload_disk
   api, so the disk is uploaded to the pre-defined storage domain, so
   it is not a real vm restoration.

Do you plan to backup and restore a full VM (disks + vm definition) in a next release?

I hope it help someone else

Regards

Victor Acosta

Nathanaël Blanchet