I actually reran the ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup tool and was
able to login and complete a search successfully but doing the same
thing in the engine UI fails.

Here's the configuration from the .properties file.

include = <ad.properties>

vars.domain = example.com
vars.user = ldapu...@example.com
vars.password = password

pool.default.auth.simple.bindDN = ${global:vars.user}
pool.default.auth.simple.password = ${global:vars.password}
pool.default.serverset.type = srvrecord
pool.default.serverset.srvrecord.domain = ${global:vars.domain}
pool.default.ssl.startTLS = true

engine logs show this error.  Is this a bug?  I don't remember entering
a trailing space anywhere during setup.

2017-10-05 14:17:38,156-04 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.sso.utils.SsoUtils] (default task-354) []
OAuthException server_error: java.text.ParseException: Invalid character
' ' encountered.
2017-10-05 14:20:03,229-04 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.sso.utils.SsoUtils] (default task-38) []
OAuthException server_error: java.text.ParseException: Invalid character
' ' encountered.
2017-10-05 14:22:24,691-04 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.aaa.servlet.SsoPostLoginServlet] (default
task-185) [] The user usern...@example.com@example.com is not authorized
to perform login