Did you add the NIC after you did the OS install?  Most installers are
pretty good about detecting and activating NICs when you do the install.
But if you add a NIC afterwards sometimes you have to activate it manually.

What OS is your guest? Version?

If you run "sudo nmtui" does that get you to the text based network manager?