Yes, we've done some testing.  With an oVirt VM running on a host using
10Gb ethernet copying data to a physical machine also using 10Gb ethernet
we don't see network utilization exceed 800Mbits or so.  A bit of research
online yields some experimentation done by others who used SR-IOV to
achieve 10Gb from a VM.

I'm not sure where the bottleneck is, possibly in the VirtIO driver.

Beau

--
Beau Sapach
*System Administrator | Information Technology Services | University of