> On 29 Dec 2017, at 09:16, Roman Drovalev <drova...@miac.kaluga.ru> wrote:
> 
> Thanks for the answers.
> 
> 
> How to specify the parameter data for oVirt VM?
> 
> +vmx
> > https://ladipro.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/running-hyperv-in-kvm-guest/

that’s what the nested-vt hook does
again, with the current kernel it’s unlikely to work.
You can try Fedora, though we do not support running it for anything but 
development.

> 
> 
> 27.12.2017 15:16, Michal Skrivanek пишет:
>> 
>> 
>>> On 27 Dec 2017, at 13:06, Martin Sivak <msi...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi,
>>> 
>>> it might be a good idea to install vdsm-hooks-nestedvt and
>>> vdsm-hook-macspoof on the host as described for example here:
>>> https://community.redhat.com/blog/2013/08/testing-ovirt-3-3-with-nested-kvm/
>>> 
>>> Those two hooks will configure the kvm module properly and allow
>>> dhcp/pxe to be used from within the nested VM.
>> 
>> Yes. Though it’s likely not going to work out of the box anyway due to older 
>> kernel.
>> See a guide from Ladi[1], there was also a presentation about nested hyper-v 
>> on KVMForum 2017 
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> michal
>> 
>> [1] https://ladipro.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/running-hyperv-in-kvm-guest/
>> 
>>> 
>>> Best regards
>>> 
>>> --
>>> Martin Sivak
>>> SLA / oVirt
>>> 
>>> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Michal Skrivanek
>>> <michal.skriva...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 25 Dec 2017, at 13:03, Roman Drovalev <drova...@miac.kaluga.ru> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> I'm not sure I understand the layering - hyper-V on oVirt or vice-versa?
>>>> 
>>>> the layering: oVirt host -> Hyper-V_VM on oVirt -> VM on Hyper-V_VM
>>>> 
>>>> CentOS based on linux kernel. I manual modified linux kernel parametrs.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> if you modified the kernel parameters already (which you did, as seen in
>>>> screen shot your cmdline does have nested virt param) then there’s nothing
>>>> else to do in the GUI, your host should support nested virtualization.
>>>> I’m not sure why do you need SR-IOV but that’s not going to work on top of
>>>> hyperv
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> oVirt-engine based on oVirt API. How to manually change the parameters of
>>>> ovirt-engine through API?
>>>> 
>>>>> In any case, I assume an additional host is needed, the host hosting the
>>>>> Hosted-Engine VM cannot be changed with those parameters when the HE is 
>>>>> up.
>>>>> Y.
>>>> 
>>>> It's impossible, the second host is now - Hyper-V with working VM's.
>>>> 
>>>> 25.12.2017 12:19, Yaniv Kaul
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Roman Drovalev <drova...@miac.kaluga.ru>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks for the quick response.
>>>>> 
>>>>>> You probably need an additional host.
>>>>> 
>>>>> I'm migrating from Hyper-V at the moment there is no way to add a second
>>>>> host.
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 25.12.2017 10:43, Yaniv Kaul пишет:
>>>>>> What are you trying to achieve?
>>>>> 
>>>>> "Nested Virtualization" . I need run on Hyper-V one VM on the my oVirt
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> I'm not sure I understand the layering - hyper-V on oVirt or vice-versa?
>>>> In any case, I assume an additional host is needed, the host hosting the
>>>> Hosted-Engine VM cannot be changed with those parameters when the HE is up.
>>>> Y.
>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Users mailing list
>>>>> Users@ovirt.org
>>>>> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> С уважением, Дровалев Роман
>>>> инженер ГБУЗ "МИАЦ",
>>>> Калужской области.
>>>> тел. 4842 705 004
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Users mailing list
>>>> Users@ovirt.org
>>>> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Users mailing list
>>>> Users@ovirt.org
>>>> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>> 
>> 
> 
> -- 
> С уважением, Дровалев Роман
> инженер ГБУЗ "МИАЦ",
> Калужской области.
> тел. 4842 705 004
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@ovirt.org
> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to