On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Pepe Pepe <erpi...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> The only thing I want to do is to install it "manually" without the yum
> command. Do you know what I want to mean ?

I do not think I understand.

If you want to use oVirt on CentOS 7, you should install it with yum. If you
do not want to, e.g. because you prefer your software to be in /usr/local or
something like that, then this is not supported, I do not know about anyone
trying this, and I guess it will require quite a lot of effort.

If you want to set up a development environment, see the links I sent. In
theory
you can do this also for production, but it will require quite a lot of
effort
if your only wish is to not install with yum.

If you want to port it to some other OS or distribution, or want to do
anything
else, please provide more details.

> One more question... Is it possible to change whether start the service
> automatically or not?

You mean when installed with yum?

yum install will not make it start automatically.

engine-setup will start it and configure it to start automatically.
There is no way to make engine-setup not do that.
After you run engine-setup, you can disable it if you want.
You will have to remember to do this after each upgrade.
Also note that engine-setup handles many services, not only ovirt-engine.
To see which services it enabled, grep the setup log for
'systemctl.*enable'.

Best regards,

> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> PP.
>

> *Enviar:* jueves 4 de enero de 2018 a las 7:46
> *De:* "Yedidyah Bar David" <d...@redhat.com>
> *Para:* "Pepe Pepe" <erpi...@gmx.com>
> *CC:* "OVIRT OVIRT" <users@ovirt.org>
> *Asunto:* Re: [ovirt-users] How to install the engine manually?
> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Pepe Pepe <erpi...@gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> I'd like to know if it is possible to install the whole engine using the
>> folder "src" that I can download from here:
>>
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.2/
>>
>> Would it be possible to install them all executing a Makefile or script?
>>

> You mean that you want to build everything from source? See these:
>
> https://ovirt.org/develop/
> https://ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-
> development-environment/
> https://ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/developers/