Hi Pym,

to deploy VM Portal (ovirt-web-ui) next to the engine one needs to compile
it from sources to rpm package [1], and install it next to ovirt-engine
package. Container deployment is not used by default.

Technically ovirt-web-ui is another war application served by engine's
Wildfly.
See symlink /usr/share/ovirt-engine/ovirt-web-ui.war and configuration file
/etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/50-ovirt-web-ui.conf of package
ovirt-web-ui [2] for details.

Best regards
Jakub

[1]: https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-web-ui#build