From: Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto <lorenzetto.l...@gmail.com>
Sent: 22 January 2018 19:10
To: Staniforth, Paul
Cc: users
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] oVirt 4.1 change ovirtmgmt to enable VLAN tagging

Il 22 gen 2018 7:49 PM, "Staniforth, Paul"
scritto:

Hello,

         We have an oVirt 4.1  cluster of 3 ovirt-nodes that currently on the
management network don't have VLAN tagging enabled, we would like to enable
VLAN tagging and so would be grateful of anyone had an information or
experience doing this.

The management engine is running on a separate host and the 3 hosts are running
oVirt Node 4.1.6

Hi Paul, i did the same with the same release.

The trick was to set the tagging also of the default vlan on the switch during
the change from untagged to tagged.

In example, if you have to move your ovirtmgmt to vlan 10, you can set your
port for serving the network both native and tagged so while changing the
ovirtmgmt setup you will not lose the connectivity.

Luca
To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://disclaimer.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.html