Hi,

> The recommended way to install this would be by using one of the
> "full" nodes and deploying hosted engine via cockpit there. The
> gdeploy plugin in cockpit should allow you to configure the arbiter
> node.
>
> The documentation for deploying RHHI (hyper converged RH product) is
> here:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_hyperconverged_infrastructure/1.1/html-single/deploying_red_hat_hyperconverged_infrastructure/index#deploy

Thanks for the documentation pointer about RHHI.
I was able to successfully setup all three Nodes. I had to edit the final
gdeploy File, as the Installer reserves 20GB per arbiter volume and I don't
have that much space available for this POC.

The problem now is that I don't see the third node i.e. in the Storage /
Volumes / Bricks view, and I get warning messages every few seconds into the
/var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log like:

2018-02-13 15:40:26,188+01 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterVolumesListReturn]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler3) [5a8c68e2] Could not add brick
'ovirtpoc03-storage:/gluster_bricks/engine/engine' to volume
'2e7a0ac3-3a74-40ba-81ff-d45b2b35aace' - server uuid
'0a100f2f-a9ee-4711-b997-b674ee61f539' not found in cluster
'cab4ba5c-10ba-11e8-aed5-00163e6a7af9'
2018-02-13 15:40:26,193+01 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterVolumesListReturn]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler3) [5a8c68e2] Could not add brick
'ovirtpoc03-storage:/gluster_bricks/vmstore/vmstore' to volume
'5a356223-8774-4944-9a95-3962a3c657e4' - server uuid
'0a100f2f-a9ee-4711-b997-b674ee61f539' not found in cluster
'cab4ba5c-10ba-11e8-aed5-00163e6a7af9'

Of course I cannot add the third node as normal oVirt Host as it is slow, has
only minimal amount of RAM and the CPU (AMD) is different than that one of the
two "real" Hypervisors (Intel).

Is there a way to add the third Node only for gluster management, not as
Hypervisor? Or is there any other method to at least quieten the log?

thanks,
--

: Philipp Richter
: LINFORGE | Peace of mind for your IT
:
: T: +43 1 890 79 99
: E: philipp.rich...@linforge.com
: https://www.xing.com/profile/Philipp_Richter15
: https://www.linkedin.com/in/philipp-richter
:
: LINFORGE Technologies GmbH
: Brehmstraße 10
: 1110 Wien
: Österreich
:
: Firmenbuchnummer: FN 216034y
: USt.- Nummer : ATU53054901
: Gerichtsstand: Wien
:
: LINFORGE® is a registered trademark of LINFORGE, Austria.