I hit a lot of errors when I tried to upload through the web UI. I tried
both remote URI and local file and both failed for me. I cant remember
exactly what they were but I recall its where I spent a lot of time
initially. I think it had something to do with the ovirt-imageio
function...something around that I couldnt get working right. Also, doing
the way I did it allowed me to quickly restart if I needed to by creating
an alias around dd command. I had to restart a bunch so it was useful. I
did this all on 4.0.1.1-1.el7.centos