Hi Peter,

The installation instructions currently support OpenShift 3.6.

I'm now working on updating them to support 3.9.

You currently have 3.10 installed.

Please install OpenShift 3.9 using this repository
https://github.com/ViaQ/Main/blob/master/centos7-viaq.repo

And add the following file to your vm

Run:
vi /root/ansible-inventory-origin-39-aio

Add:

--------------
[OSEv3:children]
nodes
masters
etcd

[OSEv3:vars]
ansible_connection=local
openshift_release=v3.9
openshift_logging_install_logging=true
short_version=3.9
openshift_deployment_type=origin
openshift_master_identity_providers=[{'mappingMethod': 'lookup',
'challenge': 'true', 'login': 'true', 'kind':
'AllowAllPasswordIdentityProvider', 'name': 'allow_all'}]
# bug - doesn't use correct tag
openshift_logging_image_version=v3.9
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_proxy_image_version=v1.0.0

openshift_logging_es_allow_external=True
openshift_logging_use_mux=True
openshift_logging_mux_allow_external=True
openshift_logging_mux_file_buffer_storage_type=hostmount
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_storage_type=hostmount
openshift_logging_elasticsearch_hostmount_path=/var/lib/elasticsearch

[nodes]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

[masters]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

[etcd]
localhost storage=True openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra'}"
openshift_schedulable=True

------------

Save and exit.

***Please make sure that you use /var as your Elasticsearch persistent
storage directory.

And when you run the OpenShift ansible (
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/metrics/setting-up-viaq-logging/#running-ansible)
use the file you just created like this:

# cd /usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible
# (or wherever you cloned the git repo if using git)
ANSIBLE_LOG_PATH=/tmp/ansible.log ansible-playbook -vvv -e @/root/vars.yaml
-i /root/*ansible-inventory-origin-39-aio* playbooks/byo/config.yml

Best regards,

--

SHIRLY RADCO

BI SeNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER