On 04/18/2018 08:41 AM, Eitan Raviv wrote:
> Hi Stack,
>
> I read through your ordeal and I would like to post a few comments:

Thanks I appreciate it!

>   * When I try to reproduce your scenario with the second network set to
>     'not required' before on-boarding the second host, it  is processed
>     and set to 'up' by the engine without any hiccups or any errors in
>     the log.

Hrm. Yeah, I think I can reproduce the failure. I've only done it once,
but I have the chance to test so just to make sue I've got the right
information I'm going to run a another test specifically for it.

>   * On the other hand, if the network is 'required' the scenario
>     reproduces,

Whoo! I'm not completely crazy! I'm just lucky to discover a new bug I
suppose. :-)

>     but on my setup it can be resolved: initially the second
>     network is proclaimed missing and the host becomes non-operational,
>     with its interfaces disappearing from the engine as you reported.
>     But if the second network is rendered 'not-required' or even deleted
>     for that matter from the engine, engine succeeds in reconnecting to
>     the second host within a couple of minutes, and the host gains 'up'
>     status.

Setting the second network to 'not-required' does not seem to break my
hosts out of their infinite loop.

I haven't tried deleting the second network yet. Let me try that before
I rebuild to test the first point.

Thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

~Stack~