> Hello All - I'm trying to upgrade a Data Center in ovirt 3.6.4 from 3.4 to
> 3.6 but I'm getting this error when I tried:

Hi,
please be sure to upgrade the engine from 3.4 to 3.5 and then from 3.5 to
3.6: direct upgrade from 3.4 to 3.6 has never been tested and has never
been officially supported.
I would suggest to keep the system updated to latest supported version in
order to have quick fixes and less trouble during updates.
Adding some people who may help on this.

> May 7, 2018 3:07:55 PM VDSM command failed: Upgrading a pool while an
> upgrade is in process is unsupported
> (pool: `9667c5e8-97b1-4e09-be44-2696a69f8959`)
>
> Please note that all clusters are already at 3.6 compatability and the
> final step is to upgrade the Data Center to 3.6.
> So I've tried these steps as a workaorund from the RHEV tech-doc below but
> it hasn't worked for me:
>
>     Deactivate the Export and ISO domains.
>     Switch SPM to another host.
>     Try the upgrade again
>     Activate Export and ISO domains as required.
>
> (From https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2332581 )
>
> And I also tried to search mail-archive.com for past Email but didn't
> find anything matching this particular issue.
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=users%40ovirt.org&q=
> 3.6+compat&x=0&y=0
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=users%40ovirt.org&q=
> ovirt+Data+center+compat&x=0&y=0
>
> So has anyone found another way to fix this problem e.g. does the ovirt DB
> need to be directly updated ?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe.
>

> --
> J. Kelly
> Infrastructure Engineer
> TradingScreen
> www.tradingscreen.com
> email: joseph.ke...@tradingscreen.com
>
> Follow TradingScreen on Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/TradingScreen>,
> Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/TradingScreen/214046251945650>,
> or our blog, Trading Smarter <http://tradingsmarter.tradingscreen.com/>
>
> This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above and may
> contain confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
> should not review, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the
> sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message in error and
> delete it from your system.

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>