Very handy to know! Cheers!

I've been running a couple of tests over the past few days & it seems,
counter to what I said earlier, the proxy's interfering with the LACP
balancing too, as it rewrites the origin. Duh. *facepalm*

It skipped my mind that all our logs use the x-forwarded headers, so I
overlooked than one!

I'm going to test a new config on the reverse proxy to round-robin the
outbound IPs. We'll find out tomorrow if the VIF really isn't limited to
the reported 1Gbit.

Thanks

On 14 May 2018 at 17:45, Yaniv Kaul <yk...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2018, 11:33 PM Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net> wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time, Doug Ingham <dou...@gmail.com> said:
>> >  Correct!
>> >
>> >      |---- Single 1Gbit virtual interface
>> > VM ---- Host ==== Switch stack
>> >                |------- 4x 1Gbit interfaces bonded over LACP
>> >
>> > The traffic for all of the VMs is distributed across the host's 4 bonded
>> > links, however each VM is limited to the 1Gbit of its own virtual
>> > interface. In the case of my proxy, all web traffic is routed through
>> it,
>> > so its single Gbit interface has become a bottleneck.
>>
>> It was my understanding that the virtual interface showing up as 1 gig
>> was just a reporting thing (something has to be put in the speed field).
>> I don't think the virtual interface is actually limited to 1 gig, the
>> server will just pass packets as fast as it can.
>>

> Absolutely right.
> Y.
>

>> --
>> Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>