Hi Shirly,

I know about the grafana integration with the DWH.

I know about oVirt Metrics, I saw the video with you presenting this
product and read the docs. I also tried to install the Metrics store.
You could find some mail in in this mailing list about that. I was not
able to run it successfully. You were included in that communication.
I could try it again, but this is too big for or needs ;(

The basic idea is to integrate it into zabbix, which is our primary
monitoring system for whole datacenter, infrastructure, VmWare, .. I
do not want to add new screen for our NOC to watch on.

Generally I was interested in data flow how the data are collected
from HOSTS to ENGINE database.

The flow for metrics I guess is

libirt or vdsm(host) <- collectd (host) -> log files?? (host) <-
fluend (host) -> elk (metrics).

This is really nice example how to glue the components together. ;)

On 16/05/2018 11:04, Shirly Radco wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> The dwh views do not change, we support legacy views fro 3.6,  so
> we recommend using DWH to get the statistics you want. It is
> possible to connect grafana directly with DWH if that interest
> you.
>
> Also, We have a new feature called "oVirt metrics store" that
> collectd many statistics using and logs using fluentd to a central
> Elasticsearch and Kibana. I can elaborate on that if you want.
>
> Best,
>
> --
>
> SHIRLY RADCO
>
> BI SeNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
>
> Red Hat Israel <https://www.redhat.com/>
>
> <https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.
> <https://redhat.com/trusted>
>

> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Peter Hudec <phu...@cnc.sk
> <mailto:phu...@cnc.sk>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand the flow how the stats from the VM and
> HOSTS are imported  into the engine.
>
> On each host there is VDSM. Using the vsdm-client I'm able to get
> HOST and VM stats
>
> vdsm-client Host getAllVmStats vdsm-client Host getStats
>
> Are the hosts pushing the data to the engine or vice versa? On the
> engine side there is java based vdsm-jsonrpc client so I guess the
> data are pulled from the hosts to the engine database.
>

>> Yes. Engine pulls the stats from the hosts every 15 seconds.
>

> And of course the question is which component on engine side is
> getting/requesting the data.
>
> I'm trying to get the stat less painless as query the API. Maybe
> the engine/dwh database could help but the scheme could change
> between releases, isn't it. or the engine DB.
>
> regards Peter

- --
*Peter Hudec*
Infraštruktúrny architekt