On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Marcin Mirecki <mmire...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> The provider in version 4.1 was installed automatically, but it did not
> save the fact of being installed.
> Hence if you try to install it in 4.2, it will try to install itself again
> (and this time it will save the info of being installed).
>
> I'm planning to add a feature that will allow reusing an already existing
> provider during engine-setup. For now you can skip the provider
> installation, the existing one will be kept as it is.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcin

If the reinstall doesn't imply broken upgrade it is not a problem for me
and then delete the old ovn setup and reconfigure the few vnics involved
with OVN on the new environment.

If I choose to install the new one, the two inputs required:

          oVirt OVN provider user[admin@internal]:
          oVirt OVN provider password:

can be any settings or have to be related with the old setup?

So you advise to keep the old one and skip OVN for now and I can continue
to use in the mean time the OVN provider already setup in 4.1, correct?
Then in a future 4.2.x release when I will run engine-setup again I can
choose instead to install ovn provider, and it will keep anyway the already
configured one without need to resetup OVN and vNICS, correct?
In this case I will follow what you suggest.

Gianluca