On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Peter Harman <phar...@homeyertool.com>
wrote:

> Ovirt Community,
>

> First off: thank you – these emails have helped me to get Ovirt running. I
> barely know what I am doing but learning quickly.
>

> I am trying to do a network separation and confusing myself. I have two
> physical networks (10.10.x.x/16 and 192.168.1.x/24) my ovirt management is
> bridged on 10.10.x.x. My (currently single) Hosts have at least one
> physical NIC connecting to each network. I am trying to get to the point
> there the VMs are on the 192.168.1.x network and the 10.10.x.x network. The
> goal is to join the VMs to a AD domain on 192.168.1.x but keep access as
> limited as possible to the 10.10.x.x network.
>

> I’ve been on a googlethon over the past few days and still don’t
> understand the best practice – or even a working practice – to accomplish
> this goal.
>

> *Peter Harman – Systems and Safety Cordinator  | Homeyer Precision
> Manufacturing*
>

> [image: Description: C:\Users\gruether\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Homeyer
> Logo (2).zip\Homeyer Logo\Homeyer Logo.jpg]
>

> 16051 State Hwy 47, Marthasville, MO 63357| *E *phar...@homeyertool.com |
> *P* 636.433.2244 | *F* 636.433.5257

Hi Peter,

if I understand this correctly you can achieve that by marking the
192.168.1.x network as VM network via UI: Networks -> Desired network ->
Edit -> Check VM network and save. Then in any VM that you want to be on
this network set NICs VNIC profile that is connected to 192.168.1.x via UI:
Virtual Machines -> Desired VM -> Network Interfaces -> nicX -> Edit ->
Profile -> Select profile that is connected to 192.168.1.x -> Save. If the
VM is up and running you need to first unplug the interface save it and
then change profile and plug it in again. Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Ales

--

ALES MUSIL