You can create a profile that has the proper permissions to allow what you
are looking for, and then assign that profile to the groups you wish.
I wrote a post on this quite a while back on how to setup oVirt to appear
to be multi-tenant.

Happy to see you don't have an ldap issue :)

>This will be a problem for us to now create group permissions for all 100+
groups since Everyone === No-one. -sigh-

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Ok, the user now logs in! This will be a problem for us to now create
> group permissions for all 100+ groups since Everyone === No-one. -sigh-
>
> A new issue, when in the VM portal as the LDAP user, i get HTTP basic auth
> login prompts, and a "Authorization expired" error, then a page reload.
> Nothing in the logs seem to indicate an issue.
>
> Regards,
> Callum
>
> --
>
> Callum Smith
> Research Computing Core
> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
> University of Oxford
> e. cal...@well.ox.ac.uk
>
> On 11 Jun 2018, at 11:26, Donny Davis <do...@fortnebula.com> wrote:
>
> Try giving your user system permissions as a superuser and see if it goes
> away.
>
> I wouldn't leave it like that, but it will help isolate your issue. I
> don't think you have an ldap issue... the log entry is telling you that
> user has no permissions
> >The user callum@Biomedical Research Computing is not authorized to
> perform login
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Donny,
>>
>> No, though the user shows the permissions inherited from the Everyone
>> group:
>> <Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 11.22.42.png>
>> Regards,
>> Callum
>>
>> --
>>
>> Callum Smith
>> Research Computing Core
>> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
>> University of Oxford
>> e. cal...@well.ox.ac.uk
>>
>> On 11 Jun 2018, at 11:21, Donny Davis <do...@fortnebula.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just a shot in the dark, but after you setup ldap did you go in as the
>> default admin and give an ldap account permissions?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:04 AM, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Could this be as our LDAP is fairly short on attributes?
>>>
>>> 2018-06-11 11:00:52,856+01 INFO
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.aaa.CreateUserSessionCommand]
>>> (default task-5) [5dff9eb0] Running command: CreateUserSessionCommand
>>> internal: false.
>>> 2018-06-11 11:00:52,884+01 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbb
>>> roker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector] (default task-5) [5dff9eb0]
>>> EVENT_ID: USER_VDC_LOGIN_FAILED(114), User callum@Biomedical Research
>>> Computing connecting from '--ipaddr--' failed to log in<UNKNOWN>.
>>> 2018-06-11 11:00:52,884+01 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.aaa.servlet.SsoPostLoginServlet]
>>> (default task-5) [] The user callum@Biomedical Research Computing is
>>> not authorized to perform login
>>>
>>> I note that a number of variables are included in this action, but which
>>> are required and which are optional is the question:

>>> nager/modules/aaa/src/main/java/org/ovirt/engine/core/aaa/
>>> servlet/SsoPostLoginServlet.java#L88
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Callum
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Callum Smith
>>> Research Computing Core
>>> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
>>> University of Oxford
>>> e. cal...@well.ox.ac.uk
>>>
>>> On 11 Jun 2018, at 09:35, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> What would be the next step to help solve this issue? All users
>>> authenticating through LDAP get "This user is not authorised to perform
>>> authentication".
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Callum
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Callum Smith
>>> Research Computing Core
>>> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
>>> University of Oxford
>>> e. cal...@well.ox.ac.uk
>>>
>>> On 5 Jun 2018, at 11:42, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok I spoke too soon, I have resolved the groups, but authentication
>>> still isn't working for LDAP users, same error as before (114).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Callum
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Callum Smith
>>> Research Computing Core
>>> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
>>> University of Oxford
>>> e. cal...@well.ox.ac.uk
>>>
>>> On 5 Jun 2018, at 10:14, Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Ondra, all,
>>>
>>> Managed to solve this once i got my head around the properties file.
>>> Conceptually the problem is that users are typically not a member of their
>>> primary group in a POSIX scenario, and their primary group is set by the
>>> gidNumber of the user's record, with additional group memberships specified
>>> by memberUid entries against a posixGroup entry.
>>>
>>> search.rfc2307-resolve-groups-memberUid.search-request.filter =
>>> &(objectClass=posixGroup)(|(memberUid=${seq:_rfc2307_uid_enc
>>> oded})(gidNumber=${seq:_rfc2307_gid_encoded}))
>>>
>>> search.rfc2307-resolve-principal-uid.search-request.attributes = uid,
>>> gidNumber
>>>
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.010.description = set dn
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.010.type = var-set
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.010.var-set.variable = _rfc2307_dn
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.010.var-set.value = ${seq:dn}
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.010.description = resolve uid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.020.type = fetch-record
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.020.fetch-record.search =
>>> rfc2307-resolve-principal-uid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.020.fetch-record.map.uid.name =
>>> _rfc2307_uid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.030.description = resolve gid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.030.type = fetch-record
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.030.fetch-record.search =
>>> rfc2307-resolve-principal-uid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.030.fetch-record.map.gidNumber.name
>>> <http://sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.030.fetch-record.map.gidnumber.name/>
>>> = _rfc2307_gid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.040.description = query groups
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.040.type = search-open
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.040.search-open.search =
>>> rfc2307-resolve-groups-memberUid
>>> sequence.bmrc-resolve-groups.040.search-open.variable =