Hi everyone,

I would like to share our plan for supporting live migration for High
Performance VMs (and in general to all VM types with pinning settings).

Implementing this will be done in 2 phases:
Phase 1:
1. Only manual live migration will be supported for high performance VMs
type.
2. The user will need to manually choose the destination host to migrate
his VM to (can't base on scheduler manager to find the most suitable host).
3. Source and destination hosts should have the same hardware and supports
the exact same configuration.

Phase 2:
1. Both automatic and manual live migration modes will be supported for HP
VMs.
2. Destination host can be automatically selected by the engine (scheduler
manager).
3. Source and destination hosts should fit but not be necessarily identical.

More Details on that can be found on the feature page
<https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/virt/high-performance-vm-migration/>
.

Any feedback on this feature will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharon