Hi Martin,

Thanks for pointing this url.

1) Based on this post, I created a client id using the
'ovirt-register-sso-client-tool'

select * from sso_clients;

  3 | *test*               |
eyJhcnRpZmFjdCI6IkVudmVsb3BlUEJFIiwic2FsdCI6IjFuYktJa3JrWEFCc2R5NzNnNFIrc09NWitGNHI1dW5UY2s1U2t3cWlCMGs9Iiwic2VjcmV0
IjoiRTVwNExDQXpxenhGSHFxdmQwNDhTNDRkN3dNMEwrZVQrYTZlK3lXR044VT0iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjoiMSIsIml0ZXJhdGlvbnMiOiI0MDAwIiwiYWxnb3JpdGhtIjoiUEJLREYyV2l0aEh
tYWNTSEExIn0= | http://172.30.39.176:9090/api/auth/sso      |
/root/ssl/ssl/certificate.pem

                         | oVirt Engine Client |       | openid
ovirt-app-portal ovirt-app-admin ovirt-app-api ovirt-ext=auth:identity
ovirt-ex
t=token:password-access ovirt-ext=auth:sequence-priority
ovirt-ext=token:login-on-behalf ovirt-ext=token-info:authz-search
ovirt-ext=token-info
:public-authz-search ovirt-ext=token-info:validate
ovirt-ext=revoke:revoke-all | t       | TLS                            |

I will store this sso_client information in my application too.

2) Is it possible to use *JUST* this 'client_id' and 'client_secret' to
communicate from my application to oVirt instead of oVirt token?

          I mean like My_Application ---> (using client id - test) oVirt
API

Thanks,
Hari

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Hari Prasanth Loganathan <hariprasanth.l@
> msystechnologies.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay Thanks Martin.
>> I already come across this blog but curious any way to point the
>> authentication and authorization to my HTTP URL. so that I don't want to
>> depend on the ovirt token.
>>

> ​There's no way how to replace oVirt SSO with different implementation,
> you need to use oVirt token.
>
> But other than relying on Apache you could also configure your application
> as OpenID Connect client to oVirt SSO similarly as it's described for
> Kibana/Elastic search  integration:
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/05/openshift-openId-
> integration-with-engine-sso/​
>
> Then you would have only single token for both your application and oVirt
>

>> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> ​Hi,
>>>
>>> what exactly are you trying to achieve? To change URL where engine is
>>> available or to replace existing oVirt SSO module with custom
>>> implementation? If the latter, then this is not supported.
>>>
>>> But if you need to configure additional authentication methods, for
>>> example kerberos SSO or CAS, you can do this using combination of Apache
>>> with relevant modules + ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-lda
>>> p/ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-misc packages:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap/blo
>>> b/master/README
>>> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-misc/blo
>>> b/master/README.http