just got back to this...  the method I usee worked well.

I used a 1GB copper port in my mgmt VLAN to set up oVirt with Gluster

Got it all up and running  then used 1 x 10 GB port to create my storage network

I think created to logical networks, one tagged with my static VLAN and the
other tagged with my dhcp VLAN, dragged them both onto the second 10Gb port
which is connected to cisco FEX trunk port - worked perfectly and I can deploy
to either VLAN now.  I guess I will keep the 1Gb for management... I think I
can transfer it to the 10Gb VLANs most likely, but didn't want to lose my ovirt
engine as this setup seems to be working well for me at least on the network
side.