Hi,

I don't know much about floppies, but looking at the API documentation[1]
and the code,
it seems that the API endpoint /api/vms/123/cdroms is only for cdroms and
not floppies.

Probably a floppy cannot be attached permanently to a VM. It can only be
specified when running the VM.

For example using this request:

POST /ovirt-engine/api/vms/123/start
Body:
<action>
  <vm>
    <floppies>
      <floppy>
        <file id="virto-win.vdf"/>
      </floppy>
    </floppies>
  </vm>
</action>

I cannot test it right now, so I'm not sure it will work.

Regards,
Andrej

[1] - http://ovirt.github.io/ovirt-engine-api-model/