OK, I've spent time capturing traffic from the Hosts in Cluster B back to Data
Center A.  I don't believe most of the traffic matters:  syslog, snmp, icmp,
influxd (grafana), ssh, cfengine

After filtering out all that, I'm left with TCP 54321 -- netstat tells me that
the Python interpreter owns this port -- I'm guessing that this daemon is
talking with ovirt-engine down in Data Center A.

No sign of gluster-oriented traffic, e.g. TCP/UDP ports 24007/24008 nor 49152+
(that's what I expected to see ... some sort of storage dependency between the
two)

So I'm back to wondering under what happens when the conversation between
ovirt-engine and KVM instances is disrupted?  Does it sound plausible that bad
things happen?  Or would you say that this seems unlikely ... that management
functions may be disrupted, but operational functions would be unaffected?

--sk