On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM Ondra Machacek <omach...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/14/2018 11:53 AM, Joey Ma wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In my case, I need to add customized KVs into API model entities, such
> > as VM, Disk, Template and etc.
> >
> > I looked through the API model documents and got some existing
> > Tag/Property/CustomProperty structs, all of which have limitations and
> > can not work it out.
> >
> > Are there any solutions?
>
> there is no such solution.
>
> May I ask what is the use case for this. Why it would be useful, if it
> doesn't have any backend mapping, so no real function?

Hi Ondra, thanks for your reply.

The use case may be a little complicated and related to Terraform.

In general, I want to use KV pairs to mark the Template name and
TemplateDisk ID which a VM Disk is created from. The reason is that when
creating a VM from a Template, we have to specify the Template name and
TemplateDisk ID for each newly generated Disk. However we could NOT get
back the Template/TemplateDisk details in Disk from oVirt engine, which may
cause Terraform believes the configurations has changed when applying
`terraform apply`.