I posted about this a few months ago on Reddit when it happened the first time,
and I have now repeated it on two more separate installations. I have a simple
oVirt 4.2 hosted-engine setup, two hosts, with a qnap NAS as the shared NFS
storage. I copied an ova file (exported from vmware) to the NFS storage. I then
imported it by logging into the engine gui, going to "Virtual machines",
selecting the host/file path/datacenter/etc, and starting the import. Once I
started the import, I get an alert that it failed almost immediately, followed
by a notice that the data center is in a non-responsive state. Clicking on the
"storage" tab under Data Center, or going to the "Storage Domain" page directly
yields the three ". . ." loading animation, which never ends.

I can still see the storage mounts on the hosts, and I can move files to and
from them.

the engine.log file on the hosted-engine VM contains a lot of the following
lines:

Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [select * from getstorage_domains_list_by_imageid

(?)]; ERROR: integer out of range

Where: PL/pgSQL function getstorage_domains_list_by_imageid(uuid) line 3 at
RETURN QUERY; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ER

ROR: integer out of range

Where: PL/pgSQL function getstorage_domains_list_by_imageid(uuid) line 3 at
RETURN QUERY

at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:102)
 [spring-jdbc.jar:4.3.

9.RELEASE]

What I have tried:

Restarting the hosted-engine service
Restarting nfs and vdsm services
Rebooting the hosted-engine
Rebooting both hosts
Entering an exiting maintenance mode (one host never came out of maintenance,
and refuses to with the error " General command validation failure ")

Any idea what might have happened? And what should I have done to try to
rectify it? Entering maintenance mode and restarting services seems to have
made things much worse.