On 08/20/2018 09:36 AM, Jason Keltz wrote:
Hi..

After an upgrade from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 last week, I notice that I have a console + cockpit problem.  Immediately following the upgrade, everything seemed to be working fine.  However, today, a couple of days after the upgrade, when I try to view any CentOS VM console,  virt-viewer starts, and I see  "Connected to graphic server", but there's no console output.  This happens on all Linux VMs, though on my two windows VMs, the console still works.  If I restart a Linux VM, I get the console back again, but what made me lose access to all the consoles?    In addition,  if I right click on one of my 4 hosts, and choose "Host Console", it connects to cockpit which reports: "No VM is running or defined on this host" even though there are plenty.  I brought one host into maintenance mode, and rebooted it.  I then started a few VMs there, and cockpit still doesn't show anything running.  All of the hosts have all available ovirt updates, and are running the latest CentOS 7 kernel + O/S updates.  Any ideas?  There is no issue with firewall.

One interesting point to add ---  For one server running CentOS 6 and 2 servers running CentOS 7.4, I still had console.  Any servers that had been upgraded to the latest kernel + CentOS 7.5 updates were the ones where console was not accessible.  However, console *was* accessible on those servers at the time they were upgraded.

Jason.