Hello all,

I believe I have fixed this for several hosts - or at the very least I have successfully upgraded from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 successfully on servers that previously failed.

This is documented from memory, but I believe I didn't do anything else.

What I did is, first removed the old LV for the new install and/or any old installs also (we had one on 4.2.2) like this:

lvremove /dev/onn/ovirt-node-ng-4.2.x
lvremove /dev/onn/ovirt-node-ng-4.2.x+1

lvremove /dev/onn/var_crash

The nodes were running with 4.2.3, and were were previously on 4.2.2. The LVs remained. I had previously removed only the 4.2.2 LVs & yum updated, and I do not believe this caused an upgrade to complete properly (ie: grub wasn't updated at the very least).

In my searching, I noticed a suggestion somewhere about removing grub entries and the old info in /bootovirt-node-ng-4.2.x*

Removing the directory from the previous install in /boot & manually removing the old boot-loader info in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, along with any other LVs that may have remained from previous installs seems to "work" -- the yum update following doing this succeed & grub is updated.

Following this I upgraded from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 on several hosts, and the process went perfectly on 3 in a row that previously failed.

I believe I can now successfully upgrade our remaining hosts from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5, I'm happy to provide more info it it will help identify exactly what caused this.

Thanks,

Matt

PS- I will also be in #ovirt for about 3 hours if anyone would like to work there with me