Hi

I am trying to configure sssd on my hosted engine.  Essentially we control
host access in LDAP so I want sssd to read that thus allow my coworkers to
login to hosted engine vm.

For some reason sssd reports backend offline even though it's resolvable,
pingable, with ports open.  I see that it's a SELinux issue which I can
resolve.  After changing to permissive SSSD works.

To have system read sssd database I set hosts line in /etc/nsswitch.conf to:

hosts files sss

Though it seems that I did something bad to /etc/nsswitch.conf as now yum,
ping, etc does not work.

Could someone suggest how to restore this file or could anyone share theirs?

Thanks,

Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS
HPC System Administrator
Scientific Computing Unit