If you manage to recreate this, please collect a few samples from what the
hypervisor reports back:
Run the command: vdsm-client Host getStats

Engine is calculating based on this information the rate.
(and the agent collects it from /sys/class/net/<device>/statistics/)

Please also mention on what OS you are running the hosts.

Thanks,
Edy