Send it a ctl-alt-delete and see what happens. Possibly try an older kernel at
the grub boot menu. Could also try stopping it with hosted-engine —vm-stop and
let HA reboot it, see if it boots or get onto the console quickly and try and
watch more of the boot.

Ssh and yum upgrade is fine for the OS, although it’s a good idea to enable
Global HA Maintenance first so the HA watchdogs don’t reboot it in the middle
of that. After that, run “engine-setup” again, at least if there are new ovirt
engine updates to be done. Then disable Global HA Maintenance, and run
"shutdown -h now” to stop the Engine VM (rebooting seems to cause it to exit
anyway, HA seems to run it as a single execution VM. Or at least in the past,
it seems to quit anyway on me and shutdown triggered HA faster). Wait a few
minutes, and HA will respawn it on a new instance and you can log into your
engine again.