> Le 3 sept. 2018 à 18:31, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> a écrit :
>
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 5:07 PM Fabrice Bacchella <fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr
> <mailto:fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr>> wrote:
> In the release notes, I see:
>
> • BZ 1622700 [downstream clone - 4.2.6] [RFE][Dalton] - Blacklist all local
> disk in multipath on RHEL / RHEV Host (RHEL 7.5)
> Feature:
> Blacklist local devices in multipath.
>
> Reason:
> multipath repeatedly logs irrelevant errors for local devices.
>
> Result:
> Local devices are blacklisted, and no irrelevant errors are logged anymore.
>
> What defines a local disk ? I'm using a SAN on SAS. For many peoples, SAS is
> only for local disks, but that's not the case. Will other 4.2.6 will detect
> that ?
>
> We don't have any support for SAS.

What you call SAS is any block device we might want to attach directly and let
oVirt manage. I was doing the same thing on old HPE hardware, using old smart
array controlers. I gave the raw device to ovirt. After an upgrade, it fails as
it was
blacklisted. I need to add it  to the blacklist exceptions:

cat /etc/multipath/conf.d/enable-sas.conf
blacklist_exceptions {
    protocol "cciss"
}

I think your default rule is quite hard, and can brake many existing setup:

multipathd show blacklist
protocol rules:
- blacklist:
        (config file rule) .*
- exceptions:
        (config file rule) (scsi:fcp|scsi:iscsi)
        (config file rule) cciss                  <-- mine