For those wondering, I was able to fix this by running
ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup and setting the CA certificate
method to "Insecure".

> Please select method to obtain PEM encoded CA certificate (File, URL,
Inline, System, Insecure): Insecure

I was previously using "System" but that does not work despite our
internal CA being installed as a trusted certificate authority.