On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:17:37 +0200
Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Il giorno ven 21 set 2018 alle ore 12:34 Davide Butti
> <dbutti...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Hello; I'm having some hard time getting my oVirt cluster back to
> > work, after the last update to 4.2.6.
> >
> > One thing that does not work anymore is VLAN Trunks; before the
> > update, the cluster was running in OVS mode, and I could define
> > logical networks without VLAN tag; then, networks packets got
> > forwarded to the guest as "tagged".
> >
> > Right now version 4.2.6 won't allow me to assign the (OVS) Logical
> > network to the guest NICs anymore, but it insists that I use a vNIC
> > profile from an external provider.
> >
> > First question: Is this expected? Must I really work with externally
> > provided networks only?

Yes, this way there is a clean separation between VM networks and host
networks.

> > Anyway, for the vNIC interfaces that only carry untagged traffic, I
> > was able to define an external OVN network, connect it to the
> > corresponding "Data center Network", and everything works as it did
> > before. But the "trick" does not work for "trunk" interfaces that
> > should carry VLAN tagged traffic.
> >
> > So to the second (main) question? How is this to be solved? Is
> > there a way to define a VLAN trunk under OVN?

Trunk is not implemented in ovirt-provider-ovn.
If you think that this would be helpful for you, you are welcome to
create a bug and explain in short words your motivation.

> > Or is there a way to
> > pickup a Data Center logical network to attach to the vNIC as we
> > did before?

As it is not working with networks provided by ovirt-provider-ovn, it
should work with neutron networks in clusters with OVS switch type, or
with oVirt logical networks or neutron networks in clusters with
linux-bridge switch type.