Il giorno ven 21 set 2018 alle ore 16:24 <brad.riem...@cloud5.com> ha
scritto:

> Thanks Sandro!
>
> I saw ManageIQ, it might be a better solution if we had more nodes in each
> datacenter which resulted in a larger footprint, however my use case would
> only see one oVirt node per datacenter where we were looking at a
> possibility of 3k nodes, would that be too many for an oVirt engine to
> handle? (we wouldn't have resource limitations due to using with a cloud
> provider for scale-ability).
>
> If I ended up having to put oVirt engine instances in each datacenter we'd
> have basically a 1:1 node to engine ratio, not the end of the world and
> possibly easier to use but it would induce some complexities to the
> deployment strategy i'm working on.

I've no official documentation in oVirt for this, but looking at Red Hat
Virtualization product (the downstream packaging of oVirt supported by Red
Hat) documentation I see a limit of 200 hosts per ovirt-engine instance (
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html/technical_reference/data_center_limitations
)

This means you'll need at least 15 engine instances, possibly managed by
ManageIQ to ease access to them, to handle 3000 hosts.
Using a single node per deployment seems you don't have requirement on high
availability of the VMs running on it and no migrations between the nodes
right?

> Again, thank you!
>
> -Brad

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://www.redhat.com/en/events/red-hat-open-source-day-italia?sc_cid=701f2000000RgRyAAK>