Hi,

I'm starting to look at oVirt to help with a datacentre consolidation project
to drastically reduce the number of physical servers and it seems like a great
fit.

As an added bonus, it looks like it might help solve some desktop management
challenges we have.  Since the desktop PCs are reasonably powerful, what I
would ideally like is for them to be nodes, each capable of running a single
templated VM accessed by the local user.

I can only seem to find documentation relating to standard VDI, i.e thin
clients and fat servers.  As I'm trying to reduce the number of servers, this
is not ideal.

Does anyone know of a similar setup or can provide some pointers?

Thanks