On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:19 PM Martin Sivak <msi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > It completed without errors and the hosted_engine storage domain and the
> > HostedEngine inside it were already visible, without the former
> dependency
> > to create a data domain
>
> Glad it works for you.
>
> This is indeed one of the few small improvements in the new deployment
> procedure :) We do not recommend using the old procedure anymore
> unless there is something special that does not work there. In other
> words, try ansible first from now on.

Exactly: the "vintage" procedure is deprecated and we are also going to
remove it in 4.3.
Please notice that now, in addition to the interactive hosted-engine-setup
(from CLI and from cockpit GUI), we also have a pure ansible role that can
be executed by itself or combined with other ansible roles for automated
deployments or to create complex and richer environment with a single
ansible playbook.
The project is here:
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-hosted-engine-setup
while its artifacts are distributed as rpms or via ansible galaxy.