On Wed, Nov 21, 2018, 09:02 Florian Schmid <fsch...@ubimet.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have the same issue since oVirt 4.0.

Did it work before 4.0?

Because we need always several disks, we have the boot disk as virtio and
> all others as virtio-scsi.
> With this approach, boot disk is always vda and all other disks are then
> sda, sdb and so on. They change nearly every time, we reboot.

I think we try to keep the disks order, and we fixed similar bug few uears
ago. If you can reproduce this please file a bug.

> In Linux, you can mount also disks not only by /dev/sdX, you can also
> mount them via UUID of the disk or by label, ... With this, the disks can
> always be correctly identified and mounted.
> Here an example:
> LABEL=cloudimg-rootfs   /        ext4   defaults        0 0
> /dev/disk/by-label/log  /var/log        auto
> defaults,comment=cloudconfig    0       0
> /dev/disk/by-label/tmp /tmp ext4    defaults        0 0

Sure this is the recommended way, regardless of oVirt effort to keep disks
order between reboots.

Nir