> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:39 PM Stefano Stagnaro <
> stefanos(a)prismatelecomtesting.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I think in these cases you have to use taskcleaner.sh
> Last year I had similar problems with hung tasks and I was pointed to
> taskcleaner.sh from Fred:
> https://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2017-November/085194.html

even taskcleaner.sh is not showing any tasks:

[root@engine ~]# /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils/taskcleaner.sh -v
select exists (select * from information_schema.tables where table_schema =
'public' and table_name = 'command_entities');
SELECT task_id,task_type,status,started_at,result,action_type as
command_type,command_id,step_id,storage_pool_id as DC FROM
GetAllFromasync_tasks();

> but it was not so user friendly in its syntax
> During engine-setup there are cleaning stages when you see
>
> [ INFO ] Cleaning async tasks and compensations
> [ INFO ] Unlocking existing entities
>
> So one chance could be to run
> engine-setup --offline (to prevent updates)
> and let it do the clean stage
> Putting environment into global maintenance before in case of self hosted
> engine

I will try it as last resort.

> There are also detailed docs on rh portal, such as
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/500263
Nothing there rather then, again, vdsm-client and taskcleaner.sh

> but they need subscription for access.... and for pure oVirt I only found
> this:
> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/db-issues/helperutilities/
>
> It would be nice to have a free documentation entry point for oVirt users
> facing this kind of problems, in my opinion.
I totally agree.

> HIH,
> Gianluca

Grazie,