From: Peter C. <jetcoll...@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 December 2018 00:15
To: users@ovirt.org
Subject: [ovirt-users] cluster 4 pc's for more scanning power?

Hello and sorry for the ignorance behind this question. I've been reading about
various scale out, "hyper convergence" solutions and want to ask this about
oVirt.

I do vulnerability scanning on my company's assets. I do it from an obsolete
laptop that was given to me. The load goes over 13 sometimes, and the scans
take a long time.

If I built an oVirt cluster from 4 or 5 desktop pc's, build  VM to run OpenVAS,
would the cpu load demanded by the scanning be spread accross the 3-4 hosts,
not inlcuding the management host, and therby give my scans more CPU power?

If not oVirt, is there another project that would be better suited to what I'm
trying to achieve?

Qualifiers:
-I'm not asking if this is the best way to get high-load scanning done. I'm
just asking if I'll get the combined power from the cpu cores of all the host
machines. The scanning jobs thread already.
-I know it would probably be more efficient to get a powerful multi core
workstation or server to do this. That is not my question.
-The pc's are perfectly good, they are just not being used and won't be used
for anything else.

Thanks in advance.
To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/email/