Hi Gianluca,

what is your target for OVM 3.4.4 ? Migrate from OVM to oVirt/KVM ?
If this is the target you do not require the OVM Pool-Filesystem.
Can you please share further details ?

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 10:29 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have to do a test on Oracle VM 3.4.4 that is based on Xen 4.4.4.
> The test aims in simulating storage migration in OVM, where I have to migrate
> also the so called server pool file system, that requires a special procedure.
> I see that some guys wrote here to ask about OVM to oVirt migrations, so
> there could be some expertise in this field.
> I'm just trying to proceed with the hypervisor steps (Oracle VM Server), that
> is the more difficult part, I suppose.
> I'm testing at the moment on a Fedora 29 system, using qemu-kvm, setting
> host-pass-through for the vm dedicated to the Oracle VM Hypervisor.
> I already tested nested virtualization (with oVirt for some vms) inside this
> system, so the host part should be ok.
> I have set disks as scsi and vnic as e1000
> Installation gone ok but at reboot I see cpu stuck and no prompt yet
> see here:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sAEO-W0-OLIGSugxIwSLRBx3WXXoK1yx/view?usp=sharing
>
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sAEO-W0-OLIGSugxIwSLRBx3WXXoK1yx/view?usp=sharing>

I’ve an OVM 3.4 server running as nested VM on KVM/oVirt. Did you try an
updated OVM 3.4.5 (or 3.4.6) ?

> I have not yet understood exactly the reason of complain...
> Any one already able to create a Xen (or Oracle VM) nested environment inside
> qemu-kvm?
> The OS of the Xen dom0 should be based on Oracle Linux 6.x

Right, but you also have Xen.

> I can also test trying to install on oVirt if anyone on the list already ran
> through this path.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.
> I'm also going and post on Oracle VM forum…

If you shared further details on the forum, please, share also this link.

Simon