I'm still sort of new to ovirt, but I went through a similar things.  I had my
original engine fail and had to recover, so here is my "oVirt HA plan"

1. I do NOT use hosted ovirt, I had issues getting it deployed correctly, and
that doesn't help if they engine VM itself has issues.  My engine is hosted on
a completely separated 2-node hyper-converged Hyper-V Cluster.  Unless you have
a cluster larger than 3 hosts, I really don't think hosted ovirt is a good
idea, it would make more sense to just load ovirt on another PC by itself.
2. I plan on loading another copy of ovirt in a "cold storage" configuration.
Where it will be loaded on centos, and configured as close as I can without
adding in any hosts.  I'll probably keep it turned off and try to updated it
once a month or so.
3. If I have another oVirt failure, I know to log in, put the storage domains
into maintenance mode if possible, and copy out any needed config items i may
have missed.  I will the shut it off and delete it.  I then will reboot all the
hosts one at a time to clear out any sanlock issues, then add the hosts to the
new copy of ovirt and import the storage.  I estimate that process to take
around 2-4hrs.