Il giorno mer 23 gen 2019 alle ore 15:15 <nikko...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,
> after a blackout one host of my ovirt not working properly. I tried to
> Reinstall it but ends with the following error "Failed to install Host ov1.
> Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed to start service 'vdsmd'." I
> tried to start manually but it not start .
> Now, I would like to reinstall from iso ovirt node.
> After I put the host is in maintenance must I remove host from the cluster
> (Hosts -> host1 -> Remove) or I can reinstall without remove it?
> If I remore it from the cluster the network configurations I lose them or
> not?
> My ovirt version is oVirt Engine Version: 4.1.9.1-1.el7.centos.

Hi,
please note oVirt 4.1 is no longer supported. While waiting for 4.3 to be
released I would suggest to use oVirt Node 4.2.8 to replace the failing
node and start upgrading the remaining nodes and the engine as well.
You should be able to reinstall the host without removing it from the
cluster.
See
https://ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Hosts.html#reinstalling-hosts
for further information.

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>