Hi Zachary,

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 2:56 AM <zachary.win...@vcwise.com> wrote:

> I installed a new 10GbE NIC after installing the oVirt engine, and upon
> reboot vdsm began auto-configuring one of the ports on the new NIC rather
> than the original 1GbE interface.  The new NIC is not currently connected to
> anything, so I am wondering how to force vdsm to use the 1GbE NIC until I
> install and connect the server to a 10GbE switch.  This is causing the data
> center and host in the Administration Portal to show as "non-operational,"
> though I can still log in.
>
> I have been poring over any files I can find on the server relating to
> "ovirtmgmt" or "vdsm," and I am wondering if I simply change the "nic"
> parameter to the name of the 1GbE interface in the following file that
> reloading vdsmd or rebooting will cause it to behave the way I want:
>
> /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/ovirtmgmt
>
> Any insight on this?  Are there other locations that need to be edited to
> force vdsm to use, say, "eth0" rather than "eth3"?  Are there files that I
> need to delete so vdsm will automatically re-create them?

Actually, engine itself can take care of this.

You can configure the new nic through the UI, by clicking through
'Compute' > "Hosts" > (select the host in question) > "Network
Interfaces" > "Setup Host Networks".

There you can attach the desired network to the desired nic.

> Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Let me know if this solved your issue.