I just realized that when I change compatibility level to 4.3 under edit
cluster settings it is automatically switching CPU type from "Intel
SandyBridge IBRS Family" to "Intel Nahalem Family".  I believe the CPU type
change is what is requiring all hosts to be in maintenance mode.  My
question is, is the change of the family type correct or is it a different
family type being selected due to a bug or some other issue?