Dear Ryan Bullock,

I am currently looking at this issue:

https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/4Y4X7UGDEYSB5JK45TLDERNM7IMTHIYY/

We would like more information concerning the CPU Flags (even though you
included them in your engine log dump above).

Could you run the following command on the same host running: AMD EPYC-IBPB

vdsm-client Host getCapabilities

Please send me the output, especially the CPU Flags.

Thank you in advance for your help.

With Best Regards.

Steven Rosenberg.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM Ryan Bullock <rrb3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That would explain it.
>
> Would removing the host and then reinstalling it under a new 4.3 cluster
> work without having to set the entire old cluster into maintenance to
> change the cpu? Then I could just restart VM's into the new cluster as we
> transition to minimize downtime.
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Ryan
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 7:56 AM Greg Sheremeta <gsher...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> AMD EPYC IBPB is deprecated in 4.3.
>> The deprecated CPUs (cpus variable, that entire list) are:
>>
>> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/95310/7/frontend/webadmin/modules/webadmin/src/main/java/org/ovirt/engine/ui/webadmin/widget/table/column/ClusterAdditionalStatusColumn.java
>>
>> So, *-IBRS [IBRS-SSBD is still ok], Epyc IBPB, Conroe, Penryn, and
>> Opteron G1-3. If you have those, you need to change it to a supported type
>> while it's in 4.2 still.
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ryan Bullock <rrb3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We just updated our engine to 4.3, but when I tried to update one of our
>>> AMD EPYC hosts it could not activate with the error:
>>>
>>> Host vmc2h2 moved to Non-Operational state as host CPU type is not
>>> supported in this cluster compatibility version or is not supported at all.
>>>
>>> Relevant (I think) parts from the the engine log:
>>>
>>> (EE-ManagedThreadFactory-engineScheduled-Thread-82) [ee51a70] Could not
>>> find server cpu for server 'vmc2h2' (745a14c6-9d31-48a4-9566-914647d83f53),
>>> flags:
>>> 'fpu,vme,de,pse,tsc,msr,pae,mce,cx8,apic,sep,mtrr,pge,mca,cmov,pat,pse36,clflush,mmx,fxsr,sse,sse2,ht,syscall,nx,mmxext,fxsr_opt,pdpe1gb,rdtscp,lm,constant_tsc,art,rep_good,nopl,nonstop_tsc,extd_apicid,amd_dcm,aperfmperf,eagerfpu,pni,pclmulqdq,monitor,ssse3,fma,cx16,sse4_1,sse4_2,movbe,popcnt,aes,xsave,avx,f16c,rdrand,lahf_lm,cmp_legacy,svm,extapic,cr8_legacy,abm,sse4a,misalignsse,3dnowprefetch,osvw,skinit,wdt,tce,topoext,perfctr_core,perfctr_nb,bpext,perfctr_l2,cpb,hw_pstate,sme,retpoline_amd,ssbd,ibpb,vmmcall,fsgsbase,bmi1,avx2,smep,bmi2,rdseed,adx,smap,clflushopt,sha_ni,xsaveopt,xsavec,xgetbv1,clzero,irperf,xsaveerptr,arat,npt,lbrv,svm_lock,nrip_save,tsc_scale,vmcb_clean,flushbyasid,decodeassists,pausefilter,pfthreshold,avic,v_vmsave_vmload,vgif,overflow_recov,succor,smca'
>>> 2019-02-06 17:23:58,527-08 INFO
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.SetVdsStatusVDSCommand]
>>> (EE-ManagedThreadFactory-engineScheduled-Thread-82) [7f6d4f0d] START,
>>> SetVdsStatusVDSCommand(HostName = vmc2h2,
>>> SetVdsStatusVDSCommandParameters:{hostId='745a14c6-9d31-48a4-9566-914647d83f53',
>>> status='NonOperational',