On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 3:18 PM Giorgio Biacchi <gior...@di.unimi.it> wrote:

> Hi list,
> during our datacenter lifetime many things changed. We moved the engine
> twice on different hosts with, of course, different FQDNs, and many
> other changes. Now we are stuck with an error when we try to upload an
> image to a data domain. The error is somehow bound to a failure to
> validate the ovirt-imageio-proxy certificate and, since the current root
> CA certificate is still signed with sha1WithRSAEncryption we'd like to
> regenerate the whole CA.

Is "sha1" all your problem? You might want to check:

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/migrate-pki-to-sha256.html

> That's the steps we've done.. without success...
>
> 1) Make a tar.gz of the /etc/pki/ovirt-engine as backup
> 2) Create a new CA cert using the same private key:
>         openssl req -key /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/private/ca.pem -new -x509 -days
> 3650 -sha256 -extensions v3_ca -out newca.cert.pem
> 3) Put the new CA cert in place
>         mv ca.pem ca.pem.orig.20190219;mv newca.cert.pem ca.pem
> 4) Resign all the other certs
>         names="engine apache websocket-proxy jboss imageio-proxy"
>         for name in $names; do
>         subject="$(
>                 openssl \
>                         x509 \
>                         -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/"${name}".cer \
>                         -noout \
>                         -subject \
>                 | sed \
>                         's;subject= \(.*\);\1;' \
>                 )"
>         /usr/share/ovirt-engine/bin/pki-enroll-pkcs12.sh \
>             --name="${name}" \
>             --password=mypass \
>             --subject="${subject}" \
>             --keep-key
>         done
> 5) Restart all the services
>         systemctl restart httpd
>         systemctl restart ovirt-engine
>         systemctl restart ovirt-websocket-proxy
>         systemctl restart ovirt-imageio-proxy
>

> The following step was to take the backup at 1) and fall back to the
> initial state because nothing worked as expected.
>
> There's any documented procedure about how to recreate Ovirt CA from
> scratch??

I do not think so.

Seems like this isn't what you want to do, either, as you try to keep
the existing keys (and recreate only certs).

If that's really what you want to do, you can simply remove
everything under /etc/pki/ovirt-engine that's not packaged by
any rpm, e.g. using:

find . -type f | xargs rpm -qf | awk '/is not owned by any package/ {print $2}'

and then run engine-setup.

Obviously, this will break everything - you will have to
reinstall all hosts (or at least "Enroll Certificates" from
the web ui) etc. If it's a hosted-engine, make sure to move
it to global maintenance beforehand.

See also:

https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki-renew.html

So far, we didn't make engine-setup suggest to renew pki
on the grounds of not using sha256, considering it not-yet-
mandatory, and only documented the above link (and made new
setups use sha256 by default). Feel free to open an RFE for
this, and once it's fixed, the answer to your question will
be "Run engine-setup"...

Best regards,
--
Didi