I don't think that you can achieve it with only 2 nodes, as you can't protect
yourself of split brain.
Ovirt supports only glusterfs of replica 3 arbiter 1. If you create your own
glusterfs , you can use glusterd2 with a "remote arbiter" in another location.
That will give you protection from split brain and as it is remote - the
latency won't kill your write speed.

I can recommend you to get a VM in your environment (not hosted on any of the 2
hosts) or a small machine with a SSD  and use that as pure arbiter.

Using one of the 2 nodes as arbiter brick is not going to help, as when that
node fails - the cluster on the other node will stop working.
It's the same with hosting NFS on one of the machines.

As far as I know DRBD is not yet fully integrated, but you can give it a
try.Still, using only 2 nodes gives no protection from split brain.

Best Regards,