Hi, I had experience two time of 3-node hyper-converged 4.2.8 ovirt cluster
total outage due to vdsm reactivate the unresponsive node, and cause the
multiple glusterfs daemon restart. As a result, all VM was paused and some of
disk image was corrupted.

At the very beginning, one of the ovirt node was overloaded due to high memory
and CPU, the hosted-engine have trouble to collect status from vdsm and mark it
as unresponsive and it start migrate the workload to healthy node. However,
when it start migrate, second ovirt node being unresponsive where vdsm try
reactivate the 1st unresponsive node and restart it's glusterd. So the gluster
domain was acquiring the quorum and waiting for timeout.

If 1st node reactivation is success and every other node can survive the
timeout, it will be an idea case. Unfortunately, the second node cannot pick up
the VM being migrated due to gluster I/O timeout, so second node at that moment
was marked as unresponsive, and so on... vdsm is restarting the glusterd on the
second node which cause disaster. All node are racing on gluster volume
self-healing, and i can't mark the cluster as maintenance mode as well. What I
can do is try to resume the paused VM via virsh and issue shutdown for each
domain, also hard shutdown for un-resumable VM.

After number of VM shutdown and wait the gluster healing completed,  the
cluster state back to normal, and I try to start the VM being manually stopped,
most of them can be started normally, but number of VM was crashed or
un-startable, instantly I  found the image files of un-startable VM was owned
by root(can't explain why), and can be restarted after chmod.  Two of them
still cannot start with  "bad volume specification" error. One of them can
start to boot loader, but the LVM metadata were lost.

The impact was huge when vdsm restart the glusterd without human invention.