Hi all:

I had an unplanned power outage (generator failed to start, power failure
lasted 3 min longer than UPS batteries).  One node didn't survive the
unplanned power outage.

By that, I mean it kernel panic's on boot, and I haven't been able to
capture the KP or the first part of it (just the end), and so I don't
truely know what the root cause is.  I have validated the hardware is just
fine, so its got to be an OS corruption.

Based on this, I was thinking that perhaps the easiest way to recover would
simply be to delete the host from the cluster, reformat and reinstall this
host, and then add it back to the cluster as a new host.  Is this in fact a
good idea?  Are there any references to how to do this (the detailed steps
so I don't mess it up)?

My cluster is (was) a 3 node hyperconverged cluster with gluster used for
the management node.  I also have a gluster share for VMs, but I use an NFS
share from a NAS for that (which I will ask about in another post).

Thanks for the help!
--Jim