Hi,
are you using ovirt storage leases? You'll need them if you want to handle a hypervisor completely unresponsive (including fencing actions) in a HA setting. Those storage leases use sanlock. If you use sanlock a VM gets killed if the lease is not renewable during a very short timeframe (60 seconds). That is what is killing the VMs during takeover. Before storage leases it seems to have worked because it would simply wait long enough for nfs to finish.

Greetings
Klaas